- Data File Types: Download your data in native SPSS, Excel, Tab Delimited, or Comma Separated Values file formats.
- Data Analysis: Create highly-customized reports for each survey including statistics for each question (mean, standard-deviation, median, mode, max/min), bar and pie charts, and filtering by questions and answers. Reports can be downloaded as a PDF and/or shared via permanent unique link using FaceBook, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
- Meets IRB standards: PsychData is designed to meet IRB research standards. (View more information.)
- 100% SSL Encryption: PsychData always provides end-to-end encryption of all account data and your web presence is shielded from prying eyes evening when surfing from public wi-fi hot spots. Likewise, all participant survey data is similarly encrypted. Rest assured that your surveys and participant data are treated with the absolute maximum protection possible.
- International Languages: Publish surveys and collect data in 600+ languages, including: Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Korean, Lithuanian, Lugandan, Arabic, Cyrillic, Hebrew, Russian, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, English, etc.
- Mobile Ready (iPad, iPhone, Android): Mobile-optimized display of surveys for tablets (iPad, Samsung Galaxy) and mobile devices (iPhone, Android, etc.)
- My Surveys: Manage multiple surveys, settings, and data from one intuitive location.
- Survey Editor: Create your survey in minutes from home or office.
- Rich Text Editor, Page Breaks, Respondent ID, Images and more: Customize your survey to fit your needs.
- Spell Checker and Thesaurus: Rich Text Editor includes an integrated spell checker and thesaurus.
- Secure Survey Environment: Encrypted SSL data transfer and proactive validation helps to minimize participant errors and ensure confidentiality.
- Save and Return Surveys: Allows your participants to save their progress in your survey and return later to finish.
- Time Limits: Set a time-limit for your survey. When the time runs out, all responses are stored and the participant is advanced to the end of the survey.
- Timing Stats: Keep track of how long each participant takes to complete your survey. Includes active time for all surveys and total elapsed time for Save and Return surveys.
- Question Logic: Specify what questions your participants see and where they go in your survey.
- Skip Logic: It's simple but powerful, especially when combined with our other advanced features. Insert it at the point where you want all participants to skip to a new location.
- Direct Survey Linking: Seamlessly link one survey to another. (This enables to researchers to separate identifying information from research data.)
- Random Survey Assignment (between surveys): Seamlessly and randomly send your participant to one of several surveys.
- Random Stimulus Assignment (within a survey): Randomly present 1 of X stimuli to your participant and record which stimuli was presented.
- Capture Custom Querystring Values: Easily capture and record custom querystring data that you embed in the hyperlinks you send to participants.
- Required Questions: You have the flexibility to require completion of the data you most need.
- Password-Protected Survey Access: Limit access to your survey with a password that you choose.
- End of Survey - Standard Conclusion Page or Custom URL Redirect: Specify exactly what text your participants see when your survey closes or redirect to another URL of your choice.
- Linking ID: Easily link a participant's data between linked surveys.
- Survey Title: Set the survey title to display on the first page, all pages, or no pages.
- Question Numbers: Select whether to display or hide question numbers.
- Progress Bar: Display a visual progress bar with options to show pages and/or percent of survey completed.
- Survey Recruitment: At the conclusion of your survey, you may enable your participants to invite another person to take one of your surveys.
- Multiple Question Formats: Multiple choice, matrix, free response, random stimulus assignment, poles, long essay, constant sum, rank order, and more.
- Multiple-Page Surveys: Separate your informed consent or debriefing pages from the rest of your survey.
- Copy A Survey: Instantly create an exact duplicate of any survey within your account.
- Variable Names: Question text can be included or excluded as the first row in your data file.
- IP Addresses: Included or excluded from your data file at your discretion.
- Data Access: Download data 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Department Contract Management: Easy tools for adding/removing members of your departmental contract.
- No spam. No third-party advertisements. Period.
- Free Email and Telephone Support. We typically respond within hours and always within one day. Our support team includes our own licensed Ph.D.
PsychData is designed to meet IRB research standards for ethical research and the protection of participant confidentiality. Our Security Statement provides additional in-depth information.
Some key features that our surveys include are:
- Text for informed consent statements or debriefing information (and any other text) can be presented separately from research questions using a page break. Survey instructions and questions can then be designed to indicate informed consent for participation.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology - all survey data is encrypted during transmission from the survey to the password protected database.
- Secure Survey Environment - protects the confidentiality of participants and minimizes participant errors.
For additional information, please read: Institutional Review Board (IRB) Application Tips
"I was completely satisfied with PsychData. I received excellent and attentive customer service... I would not hesitate to do another research project with PsychData."
"We would definitely recommend PsychData to anyone, professional or student, who is conducting Internet based research."